IFUW is an international, non-profit organization of women graduates working to promote lifelong education, to improve the status of women and girls, and to enable women to effect positive change for a peaceful, sustainable future. Continue reading about IFUW.
IFUW is a launch partner for UNIFEM’s campaign Say NO to Violence against Women. This initiative is a global internet-based advocacy effort to end violence against women. The campaign is making visible the growing movement of people demanding that ending violence against women becomes a top priority. Participants are adding their names to an internet “virtual” book as an expression of public support and call for action. Read more about IFUW’s international advocacy.
IFUW and its national affiliates offer members opportunities to
- be part of an international network of women with a common purpose
- develop knowledge of international issues and have input on issues of world-wide concern
- take part in IFUW action programmes, including calls for papers and workshops
- attend IFUW and regional conferences, seminars and workshops
- obtain leadership training and experience
- apply for fellowships
- benefit from international friendship
- obtain introductions to members of other national affiliates when
- take pride in belonging to an influential international non-governmental
The IFUW Media Centre is where IFUW leaders and members will find links to the IFUW press kit, announcements, communication training tools, a multi-media presentation on IFUW programmes, communication training tools, IFUW logos in different sizes to use in national and local publications, copies of the IFUW and Programme for Action leaflets to download and print for distribution.